Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Dear Martin,

By the time you read this, it will be too late to reprimand me.

Yesterday I almost burned down the house--the fire alarm actually went off.  Luckily, R happened to come home in time to save the day, blowing out my candle before anything actually caught on fire.  I came into the room to find a part of my desk shelf scorched black and the face of my alarm clock melted off.  (Note to self:  Remember, just because an object doesn't physically touch a flame doesn't mean it won't burn.  You learned this in chemistry.)  Now our room smells like a bonfire. 

As usual, we had a good laugh over it--we always do when bad things happen.  But I guess that's probably not a good habit; it kind of implies that we don't understand the gravity of the situation.    

Anyways, the important thing is, I learned not to leave a candle unattended.  Ever.  Especially if there's something above it. 

Love,
Chantal

No comments:

Post a Comment