Wednesday, June 8, 2011

I just finished having a 4 hour conversation with R that made me feel a lot better about a lot of things, including life in general. 

For some reason, we usually have a good time talking about our trials and tribulations--petty and grave alike.  It turns into a sort of comical session where we animatedly rant, rave, and laugh hysterically with each other because we approach our issues with a great sense of levity--and with that, clarity, which helps a lot.  Laughter is the best medicine.  Anyone listening in on us would be highly amused, although probably very confused.

There was this one time where I almost burned down the house because I had placed a lit candle beneath my shelf unsupervised, and C rushed in to find us frantically fanning out the room, thinking that the fire alarm would stop once the smoke cleared.  Apparently, there's an 'off' button.  R thought the horrible burning smell was the natural scent of my candle, which was why she didn't blow it out immediately--she thought it would be rude ("I thought you liked the firewood smell").  By the time she realized what was happening and took action, my desk was scorched black and my alarm clock had melted.  It was just all bad.  We couldn't stop laughing afterward--in fact, we still do every time one of us brings it up. We're retarded.  (I haven't lighted a candle since.)

But anyways.

Our personalities, different as they may be, are unusually compatible; a year of living together made me realize that.  We're looser and more natural when we're together. 

This probably comes as a surprise, but I tell her pretty much everything uncensored.  She's been there since the beginning so I don't have to explain myself, or be afraid that she'll judge me.  We don't tend to emphasize it, but we're actually really close friends--she's one of the very few girlfriends I have that I value a lot.  Ironically, she's kind of always considered me her other boyfriend, and in a sense, weirdly enough, I am--even though I feel like I act more like a girl when I'm with her.  Freud would have a field day with that.  

Our relationship is ridiculous and wonderful, albeit kind of odd.  Cheers for 8 years.  I'm thankful I have her in my life--I know I'll never find anyone even remotely similar to her because she's...well, she's R.  You have to know her to really understand what I'm talking about.           

No comments:

Post a Comment