Monday, October 10, 2011

Ted:  I used to believe in destiny, you know?  I'd go to the bagel place, see a pretty girl in line reading my favorite novel, whistling the song that's been stuck in my head all week, and I think, "Wow, oh hey, maybe she's the one!"  Now I think, "I just know that bitch is going to take the whole-wheat everything bagel."

Robyn:  You've just been focused on work.

Ted:  No, it's more than that.  I've stopped believing.  Not in some depressed, I'm going to cry in my toast way.  Not in a way I even noticed until tonight.  It's just, every day, I think...I believe a little less, and a little less, and a little less, and that...sucks.  What do I do about that, Scherbatsky?

Robyn:  You're Ted Mosby.  You start believing again.

Ted:  In what?  Destiny?

Robyn:  Chemistry.  If you have chemistry, you only need one other thing.

Ted:  What's that?

Robyn:  Timing.  But timing's a bitch.

Ted:  Hey, we still have our 40 deal right?  If we're both still single at 40...

Robyn:  I'm all yours.

-How I Met Your Mother, Season 7:  Episode 1 - Best Man

No comments:

Post a Comment