Friday, December 23, 2011

Last night was pretty fun.  D took me out to Marquee, a trendy lounge located right across from Taipei 101 in the Xinyi District, which is not too far from where I live. 


The bartenders there make amazing drinks--ok, well, to my knowledge, at least the man with the fedora does. 


I didn't really know what I was drinking due to the language barrier (for shame)--they just kept giving me different cocktails every time I finished one.  By the end of the hour, I had 5 mystery cocktails (made stronger by D's request -.-) and 2 mango shooters, which were quite delicious.  And, not surprisingly, I was fine.  Tipsy, but not so much that I couldn't give directions to D to get me back home. 

On the other hand, the next morning I felt quite terrible.  I thought I was experiencing a hangover or some kind of food poisoning until I collapsed and passed out on the MTR, and had to be wheeled out to the clinic because I couldn't walk.  They gave me an IV drip to help me function properly before administering oral drugs.  Apparently, I've caught some crazy ass flu (T-VIRUS?) that's been going around landing people in hospitals.  The doctor said I had actually come down with it several days ago--the symptoms just didn't start appearing until today.  Now I'm popping packages of pills like candy every 4 hours and drinking this foul medicine that's a solid white color with the consistency of Elmer's glue.  It's almost...creamy.

They're not letting me eat.  I'm on a diet of sports drinks diluted with water.  Bah.

No comments:

Post a Comment