Friday, February 10, 2012

Having taken this advanced course for English, it is quite evident that I am but a person of mediocrity.  Why must everyone be so bloody brilliant and academic?  Where is my arsenal of literary jargon?

How do you connect "The Third Resignation"* to post-colonialism?!  Ok, I'm probably missing the background of the author and the time period it was written in, which is relevant to analyzing this short story, but really now--I don't think I'm capable of elaborating for hours on end on a 5 page text, even with this context (or on any literature really), which is essential for passing this course.

Oh my god.  I've come to the realization that I am pathetically incompetent for a LitCrit major.

Now I shall drown my sorrows in...water.  And collapse into myself like a dying star.


*"The Third Resignation" is a chilling Kafkaesque narrative about a comatose male who lives from the age of seven to the age of twenty-five in a coffin.

No comments:

Post a Comment