Wednesday, February 8, 2012

On Monday, I had to observe a three year old for 25 minutes in order to write an 8-9 page paper for my HDE course, which is due this afternoon.  

That morning on my way to the Center for Child and Family Studies to go kid-watching, I journeyed with elevated levels of confidence in my navigation skills--after all, it was simply located on 1st St. of Downtown Davis.  So I walked from my apartment all the way to the Memorial Union, past the Death Star where I reached 3rd St. and walked a block up, to which I then made a right and walked several blocks across to finally get to 1st St.  The whole trip took about 45 minutes.  Then I took the same way back to school, and was almost late to class getting to Olson.  Regardless, I was pretty proud of myself until I went home and related my feat to L, who decided to set me straight:

"...Giiirl.  The Center for Child and Family Studies is located exactly right across the street from Olson." 

SON. OF. A. B--

Anyways, so I'm on the last page of my paper and I really don't want to do it because the summary/conclusion section is completely redundant.  The child that I observed is obviously brilliant--it's stated and supported throughout the whole paper, so is it really necessary to reiterate all of that? 

Under the section heading for Summary/Conclusion, I just put:


She is a fucking super star. Refer to previous 8 pages.



Just kidding.

No comments:

Post a Comment